Everyone has their ups and downs- but my December has been a roller coaster of events! I thought I would do a little recap. As I mentioned in my earlier post, my friend A took me for a little pick me up to her friends salon. I had the whole package, highlights, manicure and pedicure....all while being offered pumpkin martinis. Fabulous. Here was the final product :
I am definitely a fan...and the next day at work I got a million compliments :) Yay. Thanks A. You are really a wonderful friend and I appreciate your support immensely!
But then, stress impeded my life. After having a nice relaxing lunch with R, I hopped in my car and began driving to the local shopping mall just before Christmas. One car slammed on their breaks, and then another slammed on theirs, then I slammed on mine and smash....I ran into the guys hitch- went through my license plate. Fabulous. Poor R had to deal with my hysterics- thank you to him for being so calming in my crazy state. Luckily, I was ok and the family in front of me was ok. But my pretty car....was not:
4500.00 worth of damage. Ugh. Thankfully, I have very good insurance. This was my first accident ever. But still, it sucked.
Work came to a close quite smoothly. Now I have an 11 day break- a nice time a relax. But before I left, I was showered with gifts. Wow.....I am loved :)
Finally, right before the holidays I decided that I needed to gain some control on this stressful time of the year. My trainer, who is always wonderful began a food service plan. Basically it provides you with the exact portions that you need. So it started- 4 perfectly portioned meals a day (two shakes, two meals). It is a pretty amazing business- check him out if you are in the area:
I did not know what to expect- my first delivery arrived like this:
Let me tell you, the food is absolutely yummy. Hope this works! I will track my progress starting this week. A really great and affordable way to jump start the new year! New workout routine, new eating style, new beginnings!
I am going into this new year with a positive outlook. I am not going to lie, December kinda sucked for so many reasons. The main thing that made me cringe is the presence of lies. I have realized that once someone begins on a path of lies, there is no turning back and no one is safe. If someone lies to me they just as well are probably lying to you. A harsh reality that I have had to come to terms with. But, all I can do is stay true to myself. I will not perpetuate lies, I am an honest and genuine person to a fault. Life will go on and I will be okay, hey we made it this far, here's to a wonderful and prosperous 2011!
I have had some downtime this week and have been looking into new artists...I stumbled upon this one some time ago on So You Think You Can Dance and then again today...I am a fan....thought I would share :)
1. What was the number one item on your Christmas wishlist? Definitely my North Face jacket. I am addicted!
2. Did you get the number one item on your Christmas wishlist? Yes I did! Love it! I also got some other really nice things this year including a triathlon bathing suit, Coach gloves, workout gear and a very sweet and heartfelt card from R. Christmas doesn't have to be all about gifts, sometimes it is just some loving words that make the difference.
3. How long has it been since you’ve had a pedicure? December 18 :) My friend A decided that I needed a pick me up and took me to her friends salon for highlights, a manicure and pedicure (red of course). By the way, all of these services were complimented by a pumpkin martini. Yes, I will return to this place :) (hair pictures to follow)
4. How cold is it in your city today? Freaking freezing. We just had a blizzard here in NY (see picture below)
5. How many pillows do you sleep with? Two. I like my pillows firm.
6. Can you roll your tongue? Random question, but yes.
7. Do you always buy the same mascara or do you try new ones each tube? I usually stick with Clinique products for my mascara- buying the same one each time. Occasionally, I go over to Sephora and treat myself- but normally it is the same one over and over.
8. What’s your favorite cookbook? I am not a big cookbook person- so I cannot say that I can answer this one sorry!
9. What was your first pet? My first pet was a cocker spaniel named Barney (way pre- purple dinosaur). He was a great dog, but I definitely tortured him as a child- pulling his ears. Hey, I was a baby and did not know any better.
10. Do you wear jewelry on a daily basis? Yes I do. I wear my wedding band and engagement ring everyday on my finger. As well, I always wear my David Yurman bracelet on my left arm.
Hope everyone had a very merry christmas. I can't believe the holidays are over already! These weeks really seemed to fly! Although I wasn't the best shopper or card giver this year- I still had some time to celebrate! Our yearly tradition of going into the city was a success! There is nothing like walking around NY for the holidays. Sometimes pictures are better than words!
We saw a play.....and our seats weren't too bad :)
(cousin k and aunt l)
And of course hit Rockefeller Center!
(mom and aunt l)
There is nothing like the holidays in NY.
Hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas!
Today went well, pretty low key. Christmas eve lunch with the family followed up by a movie with R. Good times all around. It is always nice to be surrounded by people that love you. I am extremely lucky to have so many wonderful people in my life.
Hope everyone has a very happy holiday!
Headed to bed with a little piece of my family tradition....the good ol' yule log. Merry Christmas!